Karate begins and ends with courtesy. Actions have consequences. We are responsible. We lead by example. There are no excuses for bad manners. *by Hanshi Ridgely Abele OUR CLASSES: Monday – Friday 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.
About Kyoshi Martinez
Kyoshi Ernesto Martinez was born in Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico. He began studying karate before the age of 14 and at 14 years old, Sensei Martinez dedicated himself the study of martial arts. Kyoshi Martinez is a former US Army Sergeant and a former member of the US Army Parachute team, the Golden Knights.
At the Martinez Kenpo Kobujutsu Dojo, we teach open-hand karate katas from the Shuri-Te and Naha-Te orthodox systems as passed down to us by Master Shigeru Nakamura and Hanshi Seikichi Odo.
Our weapons katas we teach have roots from some of the greatest Kobudo masters in Okinawa: Mitsuo Kakazu, Seike Toma, Shinko Matayoshi and Kenko Nakaima. The kobudo katas at Martinez Kenpo Kobujustsu Dojo are taught using the Bo, Sai, Tonfa, Nunchaku, Kama, Tekko, Eiku-Bo, Nunte-Bo, Yari, Tinbe and Rochin.
AcknowledgmentsSpecial thanks to my teachers and friends:
- Hanshi Seikichi Odo from Okinawa
- Hanshi Takayuki Kubota, Gosoku Ryu, Shotokan
- Hanshi Paul Ortino, Okinawa Kenpo Kobujutsu
- Hanshi C. Bruce Heilman, Okinawa Kenpo Kobujutsu
- Hanshi Ann Marie Heilman, Okinawa Kenpo Kobujutsu
- Hanshi Larry Isaac, Okinawa Kenpo Kobujutsu
- Hanshi George Epps, Okinawa Kenpo Kobujutsu
- Hanshi Ridgely Abele, Shuri Ryu
- Hanshi Bill Hayes, Shobayashi Ryu
- Shihan John Jeffrey, Okinawa Kenpo Kobujutsu
- Sensei Ben Otake, Shotokan
- Shihan Raymond Perez